Thursday, September 8, 2011

Video Game Music Month Song #8: A Moment of Relief


As one of the few video game franchises I have followed since its inception, Capcom's Biohazard/ Resident Evil series has remained one of my constant favorites, and each installment further takes me down the path of Survival Horror and Survival Action goodness. Sure enough, my latest purchase in the form of the Biohazard: Revival Selection led me down the path of nostalgia once more, with High Definition re-releases of Biohazard Code: Veronica Complete and Biohazard 4 keeping me satisfied for the most part (apart from the fact that it's purely in Japanese and I'm playing on instinct alone). Despite some noticeable and dated graphics (particularly the cinematics), the games retain their respective formulas, and I continue to charge in and plow my way through hordes of restless zombies and other grotesque monsters born from experiments as if it were yesterday. There's no doubt I love playing the classics, especially ones that support trophies I can add to my Playstation Network credentials.

As a result of my recent purchase, my next selection for Video Game Music Month comes from Code Veronica's own soundtrack, particularly the "Save Room" theme called "A Moment of Relief". The tranquil mood this melody sets in is soothing, and it keeps your mind off the danger temporarily, giving you pause to save your progress and manage your inventory space before progressing forward. I've enjoyed every Save Theme the RE series has to offer, but this takes the cake as my favorite among the bunch. Here's the extended version to give you a long taste of soothing gaming music at its finest.


Bio Hazard Code: Veronica - A Moment of Relief (Save Theme)

No comments:

Post a Comment