I love the King of Fighters series. I was hooked to SNK's fighting game baby since I started out with KOF '95, and the franchise has constantly evolved through the years, offering new challenges and combos for players to exploit. Unlike rival company Capcom, KOF is a team based brawler where fighters participate in groupings that usually consisted of three (sometimes four) members, fighting and eliminating each other until the side with the most combatants left standing wins. SNK also made sure that there were plenty of characters to experiment around with.
While my favorite character will always be SNK's primary mascot and Fatal Fury/ Garou lead Terry Bogard, I have to hand it to KOF's primary protagonist and lead character Kyo Kusanagi. The guy has to have some of the best music tailor made for his appearances in KOF, but I think the best one I've come to appreciate (in terms of solo character music at least) is his theme from KOF '99, entitled "Tears". It's a nice and solid tune that mixes an emotion note with japanese rock, as delivered only by the Neo Geo Music Performance Group!



No comments:
Post a Comment