Monday, September 5, 2011

Video Game Music Month Song #5: Stage of Death



This theme definitely brought back a lot of memories for me, especially since it happens to be one of the few and rare RPGs I played and dedicated myself to finish. Without a doubt, Xenogears remains one of my favorites in the Playstation era, and it had a beautiful soundtrack to boot. For a game that had a lot of controversial elements and mechs, it was one of the few Squaresoft (now Square Enix) titles that I wished had been remade of given a true sequel. The Playstation 2 era saw Namco Bandai try with the Xenosaga series, but it just didn't capture the same vibe and excitement I had playing Xenogears (it had a great OST and some good character designs, I'll give it that).

Now, for the song I'll pick, it has to be the Battle Music itself - Stage of Death. Every song chosen for the game was memorable in their own way, but this takes the cake for game identification purposes. Boy, I miss fighting baddies in the game while listening to this using Fei, Citan, Elly, and co. as fighters and/ or using their gears!



Xenogears - Stage of Death (Battle Music)

No comments:

Post a Comment