I finally got around to finishing the main story of Red Dead Redemption just recently. I've been enjoying the game and taking my sweet time playing through it that I never really rushed to finish and find out what happens to main protagonist John Marston in the end. Well now that I've done the deed, let me just say that this is one of THE BEST games I've ever played coming from Rockstar San Diego, and released by the same fellows who delivered the wildly popular Grand Theft Auto gaming series. Set in 1911 during the twilight years of the wild west era, you pretty much get to experience the life of a nomad, bounty hunter, and cowboy, as you hunt down your former gang to save your family from ransom and see whether there is redemption down the road when all is said and done. It's a western fanatic's dream game come true, and Marston's a great character and a compelling protagonist to boot. It's just so nifty to see how a player dishes out his own brand of justice and honor throughout this game, and there be consequences as a result of the actions one takes.
With such an awesome score and soundtrack, choosing a memorable track from this game wasn't an easy task. However, I finally heard and found what I was looking for after getting the true ending with the credits rolling - Deadman's Gun. It's a fitting ending song and a salute to an epic western game like no other. The video below is an MV that contains scenes from the game, with SPOILERS of course. If you don't want to see it, just look for another vid at YouTube. Otherwise, click away and enjoy.



No comments:
Post a Comment