Yesterday, I visited my local bookstore called Fully Booked to immerse myself in some comic book goodness with their annual Free Comic Book Day event! This comes a few weeks after the official FCBD, and it gives many readers a chance to dip their hands into the hobby by getting a comic book absolutely free. That's right! Absolutely FREE, and all you have to do is visit the store, line up, and choose from a number of titles on display and ripe for the picking!
I attended the event with my old pal and fellow hobby friend Mark, who also runs his own personal blog. The scorching heat outside was enough to get anyone trickling with sweat to shealter, but we decided to brave the road and make our way to Bonifacio High Street. From experience, whenever Free Comic Book Day happens, the line outside Fully Booked in the morning stretches all the way to nearby restaurants, so I took a chance and decided to make a lunch time visit instead.FCBD Goodness At FB I!
Luckily, Mark and I made it without any crowd to worry about. The line was relatively light, and there were tons of free comic books still available! The accompanying video here says it all!
FCBD Goodness At FB II!
Once we lined up and chose our books, FCBD was practically in the bag, but that there were other offers being given on that day as well! As part of the celebration, the bookstore was offering 20% discounts on their graphic novels, manga, and other comic book related items! Not ones to hesitate on great deals like that, Mark and I bolted for the graphic novel section in the basement to check out the stuff they had! All the latest and greatest books from Marvel, DC, Independents, and Japanese comic publishers were there, and you could literally stay for hours around and see if any of your favorites were around.After browsing through, I finally came up with some Iron Man related titles, and soon enough, my bag was heavy and full of comic goodness to bring home and read!
Overall, the experience was exhilarating and awesome, and I even got to bump into some familiar faces during the event itself. Until next year, that does it for Free Comic Book Day 2010!


No comments:
Post a Comment