Yes folks... I'm BACK and with a video game review to highlight that fact! After a brief hiatus and reevaluation of things in the past few months, I've decided to blog ever so often rather than force it on a daily basis (see my news site Pop Culture Crusader). As it is, I've gotten so busy with work, cosplaying, and multitasking on a lot of things can only been done so much, and it's time to give myself a bit of break on putting pressure on myself to blog on a daily basis... But here I am again missing the blogsphere and writing again as I prepare for my next set of adventures! I'll try to be more active on this site with my personal entries aside from movie and game reviews - so that being said: here we go with the first entry in a while!
As you probably follow my Facebook or IG pages, I've been making the rounds on my local cosplay scene - particularly when it comes to playing The Bat and your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man! Last September 15th and 22nd, I celebrated "Batman Day" in two weekends - first at SM Megamall at the DC Superheroes Cafe Philippines (great restaurant for fans and families!) and Collecticon, and then at Planet X Comics at Glorietta! and Comic Odyssey/ Fully Booked in The Fort!
Then this past Saturday, I celebrated 4 YEARS with my group of Spider-Man and Venom cosplay friends, as Spider-Verse PH celebrated its 4th Annieversary at Cosplay Mania - which also celebrated its 10th Anniversary this year! Aside from dressing up as various versions of your friendly neighborhood wallcrawler, some of us dressed up as the symbiote powered anti-hero Venom - who'll be getting his long awaited solo flick next week with the "Venom" movie - starring Tom Hardy and directed by Ruben Fleischer! The film will be released in Philippine theaters on October 4th - so be sure to see the "Lethal Protector" in the big screen!
Then we finally come to one of the most impressive games I've played this year and a Playstation 4 exclusive at that - SPIDER-MAN. Developed by Insomniac Games and released this past September 7th, this game is arguably the definite Spidey experience for any fans of the wallcrawler who have been dreaming for a chance to experience all corners of Peter Parker and his world! Similar to Rocksteady Studios' "Batman Arkham" series - this 3rd person action adveture game puts players in the shoes of a Spider-Man who has fought crime for 8 years already.
23 year old Peter Parker works as a scientist along with his idol Otto Octavius during the day - but he also honors his commitment to "Power and Responsibility" as the crimefighting superhero known as The Amazing Spider-Man. After defeating the Kingpin and placing him behind bars, a chain of events puts Peter on a collision course with new enemies and familiar foes - all who have agendas of their own that can spell doom for New York City. He also reacquaints himself with old flame Mary Jane Watson, as well as befriending the young Miles Morales - all while trying to make a difference while balancing both parts of his life.
As far as gameplay goes - Spider-Man PS4 is AMAZING. Controls are intuitive, swinging around NYC and battling criminals as Spidey is fun, and the story is simply one of the most engaging tales I've ever had the privilege of experiencing on video games ever. That's saying a lot for this bold new direction Marvel is bringing its properties to in the video game spectrum, and is absolutely one of the MAIN REASONS you should own a Playstation. Insomniac Games, the makers of the Ratchet and Clank series, have delivered a solid property here that has the making of a franchise if sequels are planned down the line for the webslinger's universe here. As it is, Marvel Games is making a good first impression for their planned line-up of video games for their other characters. Let's see how that comes up in the future!
Rating - 5/5
And with that, it's the end of my first entry here in a long while. Until next time!







No comments:
Post a Comment