Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Mini Reviews: Rampage, A Quiet Place, and Mazinger Z: Infinity
April has been one BUSY MONTH, especially with fantastic movie releases and the impending arrival of a certain Marvel Studios film 10 years in the making! I haven't had time to properly review the films I've seen (unless you follow my Instagram account!), but I figured now would be the perfect time to give some short thoughts on some of the films I've enjoyed seeing in theaters - two that I've only caught up in recent days and missed on opening week!
Naturally, these may contain SPOILERS, so read at your own risk!
Movie: Rampage
Starring: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Naomi Harris, Jeffrey Dean Morgan
Released: April 12, 2018
What can I say? Dwayne Johnson has another MONSTER HIT in his hands yet again - this time based on a beloved arcade game of the same name by Midway Games and having a simple premise - GIANT MONSTERS wrecking havoc in a city and humanity all but powerless to stop these mutated forces of nature! The Rock's purpose is to help his albino gorilla friend "George" along with the help of Naomi Harris and Jeffrey Dean Morgan, and prevent a corrupt corporation from exploiting the creatures before they do more harm to society. It's nothing but pure action, adrenaline, and lots of destruction. Definitely a thumbs up for anyone who played the original Rampage like yours truly!
Rating - 4/5
Movie: A Quiet Place
Starring: John Krasinski, Emily Blunt
Released: April 11, 2018
This was a BIG SURPRISE. Real life couple John Krasinski and Emily Blunt star in this soundless epic horror masterpiece, directed by Krasinski himself, that doesn't contain much dialogue at all... And there's a GOOD REASON for that. If you watch the trailer it gives you a good idea of what this is - Survival Horror brought to life in the style of video games like "The Last of Us" and "Resident Evil". It truly must be seen to be believed.
Rating - 5/5
Movie: Mazinger Z: Infinity
Released: April 18, 2018
What can I say? I'm a BIG Mazinger Z fan, and Infinity is a true sequel to Go Nagai's epic super robot series and Great Mazinger as well - celebrating 45 years of the Mazinger franchise in total. I saw the local English dub and I can say they did alright to translate the story - but I would absolutely recommend this better in its native Japanese once it's available in home video. The plot is a big cliche of a sequel, but it's decent enough and will get any Mazinger fan nostalgic over the return of the "Granddaddy of Super Robots"! If you love dynamic action and have followed Koji Kabuto's story - this is for you Mazinger fans!
Rating - 3/5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment